C&C Power has engineered battery cabinets to offer the maximum amount of backup power in the smallest footprint, safe solutions, and industry-leading thermal performance. Our cabinets are built with many standard features above others on the market. We also offer many additional battery cabinet options to meet conditional and facility needs.
Standard Battery Cabinet Features
- Optimized convectional cooling design and performance
- Air gaps between batteries for longer life and better cooling
- Heavy-gauge welded steel construction
- Acid-resistant powder-coated finish
- Hinged, locking front door(s) for easy and secure access
- Factory assembled and fully tested
- Breaker and fuse options for single or multiple string applications
- Patented, tiered shelf design to simplify maintenance *
- Terminals shielded with polycarbonate *
* Standard on UBC Series battery cabinets
Additional Battery Cabinet Options
A variety of options are available to ensure that our factory assembled battery cabinets will meet the specific requirements needed for your site. This includes cabinets compliant with the current international and state-recognized seismic requirements, as well as the latest fire and safety codes.
1. Structural Certifications
C&C Power’s battery cabinets can all be seismic certified. We invest a sizable amount of time and resources into the process to ensure our customers can meet any specification or site requirement that arises.
Our structural seismic analyses and anchorage seismic analysis are completed with a full set of calculations stamped by registered professional engineers for IBC (international building code) and CBC (California Building Code).
A number of our battery backup cabinets have also undergone a shake test and are capable of being OSHPD-certified. OSHPD is a common requirement we see when quoting and specifying in California hospitals.
The C&C Power warehouse has a fully stocked inventory. We are equipped with all the parts for various permutations of our cabinets. The seismic rating does not add any additional time to a standard lead-time. Our uncommonly quick turnarounds (typically 2 weeks max, even for 20+ cabinet orders) will still apply.
2. Thermal Management
Our UL approved thermal management options are designed to maximize the life of your batteries without the hassle, installation, and expensive maintenance of a complex room cooling or heating system. Every battery cabinet undergoes a comprehensive thermal analysis in a 3D environment in order to optimize the location and amount of ventilation.
Solutions for keeping indoor batteries cool
- Insulated battery cabinet option
- Insulated and air-conditioned battery cabinet option
- CoolCab fan option
Temperature solutions for NEMA 3R outdoor batteries
- Outdoor battery cabinet option
- Insulated battery cabinet option
- Air-conditioned and heated battery cabinet option
- High-temperature battery cabinet option (up to -40C)
3. Battery Monitoring Systems
Section 608 of the newly updated International Fire Code addresses the necessary requirements for battery systems. C&C Power offers thermal runaway protection on all of its battery cabinet systems in order to meet these specifications. We offer a selection of battery monitoring systems including our own Batt-Safe II system. Our production and service teams are well versed in all programs and will install the specified unit.
- Alber Battery Monitoring
- Batt-Safe II Battery Monitoring
- A complete battery system compliant with NFPA / IFC codes in regards to thermal runaway
- Btech Battery Monitoring
- Cellwatch Battery Monitoring
- Generex Battery Monitoring
- Powershield Battery Monitoring
4. Battery Cabinet Charger
The Caledon Battery Charger is ideal for long runtime applications where the UPS does not have an adequate charger to charge a large battery system. The extra charge current reduces recharge times and maximizes the life of your batteries by using voltage regulation, current limiting, and temperature compensation.
5. Ground Fault Detection
A digital ground fault detector is an add-on that meets all requirements for ground detectors in accordance with NEC 250.21 (B) and CEC 10-106 (2). It’s available for use with grounded and ungrounded DC systems. It features a digital display to show the up to date system status in real-time.
6. 48V String Breakdown
The issue of safety is at the forefront of many a mind when it comes to working with large voltage. Technicians are being asked to wear cumbersome arc flash suits and gloves which are great for protection but tend to get in the way when attempting to install or perform service on a string of batteries.
Our breakthrough solution ensures technicians are never exposed to more than 48V at a time. It also reduces the requirements of PPE during maintenance. C&C Power’s front terminal solution is patented. The kit is quick and simple to add to any of our standard cabinets and is available for immediate shipping.
7. Paint Options & Vent Patterns
C&C Power is set up to be flexible with paint color options, texture, and vent patterns. This allows each customer a perfect line match with any UPS on the market with consistency.
Standard Battery Cabinet Finish Options (not limited to these)
- Flat Black Powder Coat
- Black Sand Texture Powder Coat
- CY Gray Powder Coat
- Medium Gray Sand Texture Powder Coat
- Antique White Sand Texture Powder Coat
- Quality Beige Powder Coat
When requesting a quote, please indicate as many of the options you desire. Our sales department is committed to working with you to build-out a battery cabinet order that meets all your needs.