Powershield Battery Monitoring
The PowerShield battery monitoring system combines robust hardware devices for the reliable monitoring and collection of battery data with smart
software dashboards. These provide a real-time view of battery health and predictive analytics about future performance. All backed by world-class technical expertise in battery management.
PowerShield systems use a modular approach for battery monitoring, making installation easier and more flexible. This means that by selecting from a range of options the system can be tailored to meet your specific requirements. VRLA or VLA (wet cells), lead acid or Ni-Cd – PowerShield has a solution that meets your requirements to get the best out of your battery assets.
At the heart of this is the Controller. Dependent on the size of your organization, PowerShield Battery Monitoring system offers flexibility and scalability with two Controller options – MX and LX. Similar in capability, Controller MX has been designed for small to medium size battery systems of up to 4 strings. Alternatively, Controller LX supports larger configurations of up to 8* strings of batteries.
The Controller captures, processes and stores data from the Hubs and mSensors. This includes battery voltage (DC and ripple), impedance and temperature, string voltage and current (DC and ripple), humidity, plus ambient temperature.
- Visibility to individual string and individual monoblock level
- Flexibility to suit battery model and application
- Visibility of both real-time and historic battery data
- Thermal runaway detection
- Automated alarm management
- SNMP and Modbus integration with DCIM, facility management and building management systems
- Rapid, automated data sampling and logging UPS intermittent charging compatibility
- User-defined alarm limits
- Designed to allow IEEE/IEC best practice